Please see our dropdown menu available here on this website for more detailed information, resources and signposting for refugees and asylum seekers in Winchester.
The UK Government have now created a welcome guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK, available here.
We suggest that you check the UK Government website regularly for any updates to the guide.
Winchester City Council have created an information guide for new arrivals from Ukraine. You can find it here:
The Red Cross also have a range of resources on help for Ukrainians arriving in the UK.
You can call the Red Cross on 0808 196 3651 (open between 10am – 6pm daily).
If you need a support line interpreter, you can call the Red Cross on 0808 196 3651 and say ‘can I speak to an interpreter?’.
- Якщо вам потрібен перекладач лінії підтримки, зателефонуйте і скажіть: ‘can I speak to an interpreter?’ (Ukrainian)
- Если вам нужен переводчик линии поддержки, позвоните и скажите: ‘can I speak to an interpreter?’ (Russian)
The Red Cross have lots of information on their website including videos about life in the UK including on:
- basic facts about life in the UK
- accessing services online and staying safe
- parenting children in the UK
- getting help from different services in the UK
- women’s health and the right to protection.
You can access the Red Cross videos here. See more videos about life in the UK.
The Red Cross also have information to support you if you are missing family members. If you have lost contact with family members in Ukraine and you would like help with finding them, you can email [email protected] and provide them with your full name and telephone number. A team member from the International Family Tracing service can contact you as soon as possible. You can find out more information here
The Red Cross also have information about coping with trauma for adults and children, available in different languages here