Winchester City of Sanctuary welcomes volunteers. If you would like to volunteer for us please email us at [email protected] to request an application form.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Digital volunteer to assist with generating content, designing and scheduling posts
- Events volunteer to assist with planning for events and supporting events on the day, like Refugee Week, Music and arts events and campaign and awareness raising events
- Music for Soul Volunteer to assist with set up, signposting and packing up after the session at The Arc.
- Fundraising volunteer to assist with researching funders and fundraising activities
- Citizen’s Advice First Aid Partnership volunteers to provide advice triage to people seeking sanctuary
- Stream of sanctuary volunteers to support Winchester City of Sanctuary streams of sanctuary in different areas including schools of sanctuary, the arts, and our welcome stream of sanctuary.
- Befriending volunteers as part of new partnership with St Vincent de Paul Society (SVP). You will volunteer as a befriender for SVP supporting people seeking sanctuary locally who are referred to the scheme via Winchester City of Sanctuary.
- Interpreters and translators needed
We are very happy to discuss other possible opportunities with you.
If you need any additional support when applying for a volunteer role, please contact us at [email protected]