Winchester City of Sanctuary welcomes volunteers. If you would like to volunteer for us please email us at [email protected] to request an application form.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Two x Volunteer Coordinators to assist with recruitment, supervision, management and support of volunteers.
- Digital volunteer to assist with generating content, designing and scheduling posts.
- Events volunteers to assist with planning for events and supporting events on the day, like Refugee Week, Music and arts events and campaign and awareness raising events.
- Music Volunteer to assist with set up, signposting and packing up after therapeutic music sessions at The Arc delivered by Key Changes.
- Fundraising volunteer to assist with researching funders and fundraising activities.
- Citizen’s Advice First Aid Partnership volunteers to provide advice triage to people seeking sanctuary
- Stream of sanctuary volunteers to support Winchester City of Sanctuary streams of sanctuary in different areas including schools of sanctuary, the arts, and our welcome stream of sanctuary.
- Befriending volunteers as part of new partnership with St Vincent de Paul Society (SVP). You will volunteer as a befriender for SVP supporting people seeking sanctuary locally who are referred to the scheme via Winchester City of Sanctuary.
- Interpreters and translators needed (training available).
We are very happy to discuss other possible opportunities with you. Please contact us for a volunteer role description of any of the above roles.
Please note that some of these roles may require DBS checks. We will cover the cost of any DBS checks.
If you need any additional support when applying for a volunteer role, please contact us at [email protected]